Binny Sharma to appear in ‘Devdas’

Binny Sharma to appear in ‘Devdas’

Seems like DID2′s Binny has made her first break! Read on:

“Who can forget the epitome of a character that Dilip Kumar played when he portrayed Devdas in Bimal Roy’s evergreen classic? Or even Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s version of the modern Devdas in Shahrukh Khan?

Well, the latest is that DJ’s Creative Unit is working on an adaptation of Devdas, and this time it will be on the small screen!! And if sources are to be believed, the handsome hunk Iqbal Khan who has been missing from the limelight after Zee TV’s Waaris is all set to play this epitome character on television…

According to our khabroo, “The cast for the untitled show is almost finalized, and Deeya and Tony are making this show for Zee TV. Iqbal Khan will be playing the lead role, while Binny Sharma of Dance India Dance fame has been finalized for the role of Chandramukhi”.

Additi Gupta of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil fame has been offered the role of Paro, but we hear that the actor has not given her nod yet for the same.

A little birdie also told us, “Talented veteran actor Aroona Irani has been finalized to play the male lead’s mother in the show”.

When contacted, Aroona Irani confirmed the news and said, “Yes, I am doing this show for Zee TV. It is a very nice role, which I wanted to do at any cost. For this, I have even rejected two or three other offers that came my way.”

We tried calling Iqbal Khan and even sent him a text message, but did not get any revert. We also tried calling Binny Sharma, but she remained unavailable.

When contacted, Additi Gupta said, “Yes, I was offered this show. But I am not doing it”.

We hear that the creative team plans to wrap up with the casting process very soon, and if all goes well, aims to start shoot in a week or so. The show is expected to take a prime time slot on Zee TV, and will launch in August.

We also tried getting a confirmation from Producer Tony Singh, and sent him a text too, but did not get any response.

What say folks? Are you game to watching ‘Devdas’ on the small screen now??

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

23 thoughts on “Binny Sharma to appear in ‘Devdas’

1. AnnieJ says:

Good for her, I say! Everyone has always raved about her beautiful smile, and now it oughta come in handy, eh? :D

1. DIDrocks says:

well its takes much more than a beautiful smile to portray the role of Chandramukhi. dont u think? lol. which makes me wonder, when did Binny ever go to acting school? and i always wondered why these dancers (not everyone), who always swore that they will devote their entire life to dance, suddenly change their course and start acting. lol. i mean why be something that u never aspired to become? well in any case, good for her. wish her all the success!

1. AnnieJ says:

Also, I think this early in the game, you expand your skill sets to be more attractive later… this could be resume-building : :wink:

1. DIDrocks says:

as far as dance, i seriously doubt how much binny will “dance” in the show. i mean its a soap after all. i dont think soaps have dance sequences all that often anyway. lol.

2. rockstardchamp says:

DIDrocks said: Jul 2, 2010 am31 9:55 amhmmm, i guess so. perhaps in order to succeed, sometimes, one has to do things that have absolutely no relation to one’s career aspirations. lol. as u said, it “builds the resume”. lol. but i guess recognition is one good thing that can come out of this. although if i was binny, i would want to be recognized for my dance, not acting. lol. but something is better than nothing i guess.

.Well well well dear moderators am shocked at your comments also i want to convey to Annie.. Annie ek query he? you really posted this comment only to insult binny sharma .. as per your comments u used some monkey kind of stuffs so also another mod Mzz sruthi wht happened to u girl u also started insulting .. this is no at all fare from better .. i should comment further on this .. not at all fare .. annie i personally feel u some times over excite with your comments… lol

1. AnnieJ says:

Uhh…Rocky…not to be mean or anything, but… you may need to brush up on your English. 8O Really now, read the whole sentence, not just the word monkey! :|

The sentence was, and I quote myself, “Lol of course, it’s not as if a monkey can go up on stage!” That means a monkey can’t go up on stage – that you have to have at least SOME talent to act. It does NOT mean Binny is a monkey. It means Binny has to have at least SOME talent if they picked her for Chandramukhi.

I get that it’ll be a soap and all, but maybe it’ll be a different kind of soap…lol.

1. rockstardchamp says:

ohhho again .. so you mean to say Binny is better than a monkey .. omg tats a hialrious call annie .. your comparison .. well u covered very well.. good one nicee :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :evil: :confused: :arrow: :P :D if it was the topic about shakti omg you would have compared with a chimpu .. hilarious :wink: :wink: :wink: lol

2. thmmer says:

Dear Rockstardchamp,

Let me break it down for you word by word, because that seems like the only possible way we will have a breakthrough here. What AnnieJ said, was as coherent as, Stephen Dawkins being skeptical about the existence of an omnipotent being, who both loves you and yet will smite you down to deepest pits of Tartarus if you break his ten rules. Never the less, I see that semantics is not your forte, so most of what I just said, would’ve sailed over or perhaps crashed into the iceberg of your zen like Titanic. I hope you understand my juxtaposition with Annie, because I think she is not the one to be questioned. Her ways are wise, which is why the Admin bestowed her with the responsibilities of power and position. For you I just pray, that you will take a minute to read what I just said and ponder what I wanted to convey.

Regards,

1. grizzerrr says:

Thmmer, with due respect, do not make yourself appear like the monkey AnnieJ had used for demonstration purposes. I have not been following rockstardchamp to know more about him, as in if he constantly spams or abuses others (for which reason his comments already should be taken down, or his account banned; so I’m guessing that’s not it), but regardless, you’re consciously mocking a person telling him he doesn’t know something, which he himself (and the rest of us who read the comments) already know. Using English well only to tell him again that semantics of the language is not his forte, you’re only berating yourself.
            You conclude by asking him to ponder over what you wish to convey. You really expect him to do that? To understand what you said to begin with? No, you do not. Why comment, then? To prove your excellent understanding of semantics?

These days, by the way, you are allowed to use ‘nevertheless’ instead of ‘never the less.’ Also, you’re forbidden from using a comma before ‘that’ no matter how you use the word. I hope I’m only adding to your understanding of semantics, although I do not claim that semantics are my forte. Please be wise, if not more than, then at least as much as AnnieJ, whose ways are wise. :) Take care.

3. T_Rocks says:

I completely agree with u DIDrocks. These contestants said that they would dance for the rest of their life but it was all fake. I knew that some of them would surely take up acting or smthng else. Punit also wanted 2 b a director. And as far as this binny is concerned I knew she would start acting very soon and make complete use of her beauty. I am happy that atleast the top 2 (shakti and dharmash) are completely into dancing till now.I even read in an interview of shakti’s that she prefers to be a pure dancer than actor as being being only a dancer in this industry is quite a challenge itself

2. dance_bh says:

I too seriously doubt.. how dance talent she can show… anyway all the best binny

3. karan99one says:

Hi everyone;
    First, I would like to congratulate Binny for bagging this role. I always liked Binny’s smile, that was an X-Factor for her in majority of the dance performances.
    I remember Mithunda used to say to her “jab tum hast ho tho
    swarg jaisa hota hai”.She was also fair and had good looks.
    She might not have that physical personality like height etc like usually models have,but it is fine.

Coming to her acting skills, I can give hundred’s of examples where people from various reality shows( like singing,dance,comedy etc)who took up acting in many tele-serials and landed good roles there.Most of them have been successful and some of them might not have reached where they wanted to reach.For ex,Amit Tandon,now this guy was a runner up in INDIAN IDOL Season-1 show , but then he got offers from various production houses, and was successful there, and had quite some fan following
    going for him.

So we dont know whether Binny has that acting potential or not,she might have or she may not,We dont know whether she will be able to do justice to the character.That is uncertain.Who knows she might do very well also.

you dont have to go to an acting school to be a successful actor, I can give so many examples in that regard too.

It is her choice whether she wants to continue with her dance profession or go for acting.The decision is hers.
    It has to be seen whether she does it with passion or not and also does it with complete justice or not.

Coming to devdas,I have heard somewhere, not quite sure completely, that Chandramukhi in the real story was known to be a very good dancer, and she used to try to charm devdas with her dance.So here , Binny’s dancing skills can come to fore(she will get an opportunity to showcase her dancing skills). People can enjoy that part.

anyways BEST OF LUCK to the Devdas team and BINNY and the rest of the starcast like IQBAL KHAN etc.

1. AnnieJ says:

That’s kinda what I was getting at too – Binny’s character has a dancing background, so she might dance more than is normal for a soap, but perhaps less than the character calls for, lol.

4. thmmer says:

AnnieJ said: Jul 2, 2010 am31 9:14 amLol of course, it’s not as if a monkey can go up on stage! Hopefully, Chandramukhi does a fair bit of dancing, lol :P

Lol…….. Cheerzzz

5. rockstardchamp says:

really immature comments … so crazyy

1. DIDrocks says:

ek second. u mentioned before that i was “bashing” binny. err…im sorry, but im confused as to when i did that. I would like u to point out where and when i bashed binny. cuz somehow i fail to see it. all i was saying is how come binny is doing soaps when she wanted to be a choreographer. and the other thing i said was that it would be hard for her to dance in this show cuz it is a soap and soaps seldom have dancing sequences. call me crazy, but i don’t see any bashing in this. sorry if i am missing sumthing. but that is what i said. i am sorry if u couldnt comprehend what i wrote. and one more thing…kis angle se humare comments aapko “immature” lage? u see im not sure what u were trying to say. it seemed to me as if u r saying that posting comments (which is sorta the objective of a forum) is immature. cuz, correct me if im wrong, annie and i were posting our comments on this topic. as far as i recall, i don’t think either of us had bashed binny. :) cheers!

6. AnnieJ says:

Rocky – I can’t seem to hit reply to that comment but….YOU STILL DON’T GET IT!!! There’s no comparison being made at all! :confused:

But oh well. Annnnyyyyways, back on topic: Who do you think will play Paro since Additi won’t be doing it with Iqbal?

7. rockstardchamp says:

Annie nice to see that your blocking all my comments .. good moderation girl.

1. AnnieJ says:

Sigh, you make it seem like a personal attack! :( I have better things to do than block comments all day! :evil:

If you post links, our systems catch it and put it on pending (so they don’t show up till we approve them). Looks like your links were not allowed, since it looks like Admin deleted them (I don’t see any approved posts from you with links or any of your comments in the pending/trash area). -__-;;

8. rockstardchamp says:

sorry if not :idea: i posted few links earlier seems they havnt got posted , let me knw if we can post any links here..

9. mnegi says:

Where is Chaddi Dancer Shakti………………

10. grizzerrr says:

AnnieJ, since you seem to be the only moderator around who acts like a Public Relations, please update the pictures up there of the skippers and their talents who remain. Khushboo is standby, so make her b/w or semi-transparent. Divyam is no more either. Am I being told that the did.in staff is slacking?! :O

1. AnnieJ says:

Apologies for my delay, Grizzerrr!

Regarding the photos about who’s eliminated, typically we change the photos AFTER the weekend shows. The reason for this is that if we do it prematurely, people know the spoilers. In any case, it’s not the weekend anymore. Admin is perhaps busy and I don’t have the appropriate permissions to do it myself, so I’ll shoot Admin an email as a reminder! :D